What parents can do for MUSIC programs in Maynard:
- Check out the informational website for Central District: http://www.cdmmea.org/junior-festival.html
- Encourage practice and private instruction (see our website – www.maynardmusicfowler.org
- Encourage preparing for Districts as 7th and 8th graders (check the cdmmea website in the fall for audition requirements, talk to Mr. Brisson)
- Encourage your musician to be one of many to strongly represent Maynard at Central Districts!
- Encourage signing up for chorus and support the ongoing effort to maintain chorus programs at Fowler.
- **Let our administrators know how valuable music education and the arts have been to you and your child(ren) in band, jazz band, jazz ensemble, and chorus. Mention what programs you would like to see continue and grow. Consider the strong learning connections among music, science and mathematics in terms of creativity and critical thinking skills in our students- write a letter! Drop our administrators an email!
- Re-read Dr. Gerardi's February 2013 Beacon Villager Article on STEMMA initiatives in Maynard: Maynard Superintendent: Comprehensive STEM approach the focus at MPS – Maynard, MA – The Beacon-Villager
- I enjoyed this article/blog about life lessons learned through music education on CNN's Schools of Thought written by Andrew Schwartz.: My View: Everything I need to know, I learned in music class – Schools of Thought – CNN.com Blogs
- **Support Maynard Music Association at Fowler: be a volunteer, attend monthly meetings, support Casino Night (our biggest fundraiser!)
- **Like us on Facebook (Maynard Music Association)
** Stay in the loop with our website Maynard Music Fowler